Welcome to the College of Creative Arts — Toi Rauwharāngi
The College of Creative Arts at Massey University is a world-class art and design school based in Wellington, New Zealand. In 2014 the College expanded its offerings through the new School of Music and Creative Media Production.
The College is:
- ranked 1st by RED DOT, the international design awards agency, which gives Massey a distinctive seal of quality for its design programmes
- The College of Creative Arts is NASAD approved as Substantially Equivalent.
- number one in New Zealand for design and visual art research, according to the 2012 New Zealand government Performance Based Research Funding round.
- Has a legacy of over a century of creative education.
The College provides a thriving, well-resourced and inspiring learning environment that fosters research, scholarship and creative practice. From selected entry to completion of their degree, students are equipped with a knowledge base and skill set that enables them to flourish in the creative industries, win awards, represent New Zealand and hold key positions that define creative thinking in businesses around the world.
Wellington Gold Awards 2018
The College is proud to be the winner of the Supreme Award and Creative Gold in the 2018 Wellington Gold Awards. We heartily congratulate the many winners on the night, many of whom were Massey graduates!
Read more about the Gold Awards 2018.
Thanks to Chris Chalmers (3rd year BCMP student) for this video.
Through Ngā Pae Māhutonga - the School of Design, Whiti o Rehua School of Art, and Te Rewa O Puanga - the School of Music and Creative Media Production, the College delivers programmes that include:
- commercial music
- creative media production
- fashion design and business
- fine art
- industrial design
- spatial design
- textile design
- visual and material culture
- and a full range of visual communication design programmes.
Research and enterprise
The College is a leading provider of tertiary creative arts education in New Zealand, with a substantial reputation gained through research, innovative practice and entrepreneurial initiatives.
Publication 3 (2018)
A selection of innovative projects, research, and enterprise undertaken at Massey University College of Creative Arts in 2016. Read Publication 3 PDF below.
Publication 2 (2016)
A selection of innovative projects, research, and enterprise undertaken at Massey University College of Creative Arts in 2016. Read Publication 2 PDF below.
Publication 1 (2015)
A selection of innovative projects, research, and enterprise undertaken at Massey University College of Creative Arts in 2015. Read Publication 1 PDF below.
20 years of Māori Visual Art. Read PDF below.